Thursday, September 4, 2014

Off the Needles

Lots of knitting going on in the last few weeks.  Again, it makes me very happy to be knitting again, and now I have some FOs (finished objects) to show for it. 

First, a test knit that I did for a designer on Ravelry, Helene Yates aka Ravenater (spiritofthewestdesigns.com/blog.html).  This is her newest design, Sunshine Cable Halter. I knit the size 2, and had a model from church for the pictures, and gave the top to her since I didn't have a little girl of my own to use it for.  I really enjoyed knitting it and it is a very cute and easy design.


Next is my Mojo Socks, this is the first project I started with when I picked up the needles again.  I have always loved knitting socks and couldn't wait to use this yarn for some fun rainbow socks.  The yarn is Knit Picks Felici in Rainbow in a plain vanilla pattern.



My Sockhead Hat by Kelly McClure aka bohoknits (bohoknits.blogspot.com) started slow, but once I got better needles, it went pretty fast and I got it finished last weekend as part of the Year of Stash Socks Finish-It-Up Labor Day weekend challenge. The yarn is Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Aslan.  I love how it striped with this simple pattern.


Also finished as part of the YOSS challenge was my Interpolate shawl by Cindy Garland aka WPKnits (www.wpknits.com).  This is the first major 2 color project I've ever done and it was awesome.  Cindy has so many beautiful designs and I plan to make more of them in the future. Yarns used are Cherry Tree Hill Super Sock Select in Green Mountain Madness and Handmaiden Casbah Sock in SaltSpray. Finished measurements: 64"x29". Hopefully I can get a better picture soon to show the colors better.


 
That's pretty much it for FOs.  I'll do a separate post in a few days on other things I'm currently working on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment